There have been many instances of bad Lyft and Uber drivers causing harm to riders in Colorado cities like Denver, Colorado Springs, Aspen, Fort Collins and Grand Junction and throughout the state.
Both Lyft and Uber have implemented safety measures to reduce the risk of harm to riders. Both companies are supposed to conduct background checks on drivers and allow riders to rate their drivers after each trip.
Drivers with low ratings may be removed from the platform.
If you are in an accident during an Uber ride, you may be entitled to recover damages for your injuries and other losses. Here are the steps you can take to seek compensation:
- Seek medical attention: Your health and safety should be your top priority. Seek medical attention immediately, even if you do not think you are seriously injured.
- Report the accident: Report the accident to Uber through the app or website as soon as possible. This will start the claims process and create a record of the incident.
- Gather information: Collect as much information as possible about the accident, including the names and contact information of all parties involved, witness statements, and photos of the scene.
- Consult an attorney: Consider consulting with a personal injury attorney who has experience with Uber accidents. They can help you navigate the claims process and ensure you receive fair compensation for your damages.
- File an insurance claim: Uber provides insurance coverage for passengers and drivers involved in accidents during rides. Contact Uber’s insurance company to file a claim for your damages.
Remember, the claims process can be complex and time-consuming. Working with an experienced attorney can help ensure your rights are protected and you receive the compensation you deserve.
Here’s a guide to fully understand the complexities of claims against ride-sharing companies.
There have been reports of drivers with criminal records being allowed to drive for Lyft and Uber. In some cases, these drivers have even been accused of assaulting or harassing riders.
In 2019, a CNN investigation found that over 100 Uber drivers had been accused of sexual assault or abuse in the previous four years. Lyft has also faced lawsuits from riders who allege that they were assaulted by drivers.
These incidents are still relatively rare given the millions of rides that occur each day. However, any instance of harm to a rider is concerning and should be taken seriously.
To address this issue, Lyft and Uber have continued to improve their safety measures. Lyft has implemented a panic button feature in their app that allows riders to call 911 directly from the app. Uber has also added a safety features that allows riders to share their trip details with trusted contacts.
While there have been instances of bad Lyft and Uber drivers causing harm to riders, it’s unclear if there is an epidemic of this issue. Both companies have implemented safety measures to reduce the risk of harm to riders, but there is still room for improvement. It’s important for riders to remain vigilant and report any safety concerns to the platform. Further, if you have been injured while on a rideshare, contact my office immediately for a free no-obligation consultation
Comments are closed.