Hello neighbours! It’s me again, Alexis Goring, your Laurel Daily host.
Are you a local business owner or marketer in Laurel? Our top notch local sponsorship will stop at the top of the inboxes in town every morning. Contact us here for the facts.
First the weather today:
Clear all day. High: 83 Low: 61.
Here are the three most important stories in Laurel today:
- Governor Larry Hogan announced today on September 3 that he has Appointed Judge Steven B. Gould to the Court of Appeal, the highest court in the state. Gould will occupy the place that will be vacated by Chief Judge Mary Ellen Barberawho will retire September 10. Governor Hogan Even announced that he has Judge-designate Joseph M. Getty than the new Presiding judge of the court of appeal, Effective September 11. (Maryland.gov)
- the Delta variant meanwhile still vacillates in Maryland L.abor day weekend. From September 3rd is the state Test positive rate was 4.89%. Dr. Christine Baker, a Family doctor at Assumption of St. Agnes says if you are unvaccinated, don’t travel this weekend. If you are vaccinatedsays Dr. Baker, maybe you have a little more leeway in yours Labor Day plans. but travel may be risky If you have unvaccinated children. (WYPR)
- the continues demand life about the United States. Officer say they have a “very close eye” on a. to have new variant maybe that can bypass existing coronavirus antibodies. Dr. Anthony Fauci, Director of the National Institute for Allergies and Infectious Diseases, said on Thursday that the US takes the variant “very seriously”, but not one extended hold in this country. (CBS News)
Today in Laurel (* Note: These are events near Laurel as there are no local events today.)
- Fast Eddie & The Slowpokes – Attend this event at the Greenbelt Arts Center (3:00 PM)
- Greenbelt Labor Day Festival –Take part in the parade, craft fair, food trucks, pet show and other competitions. (10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.)
- Yoga summer session for beginners / refresher – Vinyasa Yoga is a form of yoga that combines movement with breath. It helps to strengthen the body and relax the mind. In this class we will flow through asanas and incorporate meditation to relax the mind and body. Enjoy your flow with music from natural sounds, reggae to smooth jazz. This course is for advanced learners with modifications for beginners. (7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.)
- Dog walk in the green belt – Enjoy a group event every Sunday: Dog Walking in Greenbelt. Meet in the Mowatt Memorial Methodist Church parking lot at 4:10 p.m. when it’s not raining or extremely hot. Contact the church at 301-474-9410 for more information. (4:10 p.m.)
Laurel Patch Notebook
- Laurel Volunteer Rescue Squad Company 49: Kali is one of many of our dedicated volunteers who make a difference in our community. Find out how you can become a part of it on larelrescue.org! (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting local news!
Thank you for participating and informing! See you all tomorrow for your next update. If you enjoy these newsletters, invite some of your friends and neighbors to read along. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Alexis Goering
About me: My name is Alexis A. Göring. I’m a Bowie area resident with a pulse for people, news, and feature stories! I have been working as a freelance writer / editor / proofreader in the media industry for 15 years. I am also a writer, veteran blogger, and founder of Writer at Heart Editorial Services. Visit my website for more details about me and my work. Here is the link: https://alexisagoring.jimdofree.com.
Do you have a tip for the news or a suggestion for an upcoming Laurel Daily? Contact Laurel@Patch.com anytime.