AUGUSTA, Ga. (WRDW / WAGT) – Georgia Governor Brian Kemp announced the appointment of six to various judicial circles across the state, including two to the CSRA.
- Nancy N. Bills was appointed to the Rockdale Judicial Circuit
- Clarence Cuthpert has been appointed Judge in Rockdale County State Court
- Jesse C. Stone was called to the Augusta Judicial Circuit
- Dick Perryman was called to the Alapaha Judicial Circuit.
- Rosemary Greene was called to the Cherokee Judicial Circuit
- Carletta Sims Brown was appointed to the civil and county court of Richmond County
MORE ABOUT THE LOCAL APPOINTMENTS
Jesse Stone has been a lawyer and managing partner for Merrill & Stone, LLC in Waynesboro since 1986. He served in the Georgia State Senate from 2011 to 2020, representing District 23. He was chair of the Justice Committee.
Prior to serving in the Senate, he was elected Mayor of Waynesboro City.
Stone will fill the position created by the resignation of Mr. Michael Annis with effect from February 1, 2020.
Carletta Sims Brown most recently served as an executive attorney for Sims Brown Law, LLC, with offices in Marietta and Augusta. Sims was a judge in Cobb County Magistrate Court, an attorney for the Georgia Public Defender Standards Council, and an executive attorney at Sims & Associates PC
She also held legal positions with the Cobb County Law Firm and the City of Union City.
Sims will fill the position created by the death of the Honorable William Jennings in March.
Copyright 2021 WRDW / WAGT. All rights reserved.